Financial Major League (ages 15-18)
- Young people need to know how to spend wisely, prioritize savings and plan for the future. Educating teens about money is essential to helping them avoid common financial vulnerabilities and build economic stability. Students will leave the Financial Major League workshops prepared for the responsibility of managing their own money.
- First Inning Topics: 1) How to safely and correctly use checking and savings accounts. 2) How to develop a plan for saving and spending. How to make financial decisions objectively and not based on peer pressure
- Second Inning Topics: 1) How credit impacts your financial future, including student loans. 2) Resources available to help with employment and earning potential. 3) How to safeguard financial information, including avoiding financial fraud and identity theft.
Financial Minor League (ages 11-14)
- Teaching youth about money is a critical step in preparing them for the future. Through EMUCU’s fun and engaging Minor League workshop, students will learn about finances and be ready to make decisions at pivotal points in their development and financial lives.
- Key points:· 1) Functions and purpose of a credit union. 2) Breaking down needs vs. wants. 3) Applying consumer skills to saving and spending decisions. 4) Understanding opportunity cost. 5) Evaluating their strengths and passions vs. future jobs.
Financial Little League (ages 7-10)
- It is never too early to start learning about money and finances which is why our fun and engaging Financial Little League workshop is a perfect introduction to financial education.
- Key points: 1) The differences between spending, sharing and saving. 2) The value of money. 3) How money is earned. 4) Why and how to save. 5) How to shop smart at the grocery store.